CITIS was founded as a public Company in 1952 with the aim to supply sulphur raw material as well as industrial elaborated sulphur products to north western European and African markets; fertilizers wholesalers co-founders having a particular expertise in raw materials used by the industry to produce sulphuric acid, then used in the process of phosphate rock’s attack to reach merchant grade phosphoric acid and complex fertilizers.
The industrial culture is part of CITIS since its creation.
First, involved in Frasch sulphur produced in Mexico and the United States of America (1952-1970) , CITIS enlarged its activities to Poland in the early seventies, where sulphur coming from open pit and Frasch mines was abundant.
Second, around mid seventies and to respond to increasing sulphur availability coming from the desulphurisation of petroleum and sour gas, the Company invested and developed a fully owned logistic asset ( roadtankcar’s fleet, liquid sulphur terminals..) dedicated to sulphur as well as an industrial forming plant to valorise solid sulphur specialities used in agriculture and industry.
CITIS is to day one of the main (and few) independent actors in north western Europe and part of a family group placing professionalism, safety in action and environmental concern at first rank (certified ISO 9002 since 1994) to respond to its customers needs on time at any time.
CITIS today is a well recognized brand name within sulphur Industry.